Our Complaints Policy and Procedure
We will listen to and deal sympathetically with any complaints against Gerard Maye Legal Ltd. We will deal with complaints promptly.
If any client has a complaint against Gerard Maye Legal Ltd, they can raise this with us by phone call, email or letter addressed to Gerard Maye.
The timescale for dealing with a complaint is as follows:-
1) Mr. Maye will acknowledge receipt of any complaint within 21 days of receiving it.
2) Mr. Maye will then retrieve the file and ask the client for full details of the complaint either in writing or by interview/discussion within 21 days.
3) Mr. Maye will then discuss the matter with the fee earner within 14 days.
4) Mr. Maye will then respond in writing to the client with the outcome of the above investigation and give his views and conclusions, in writing, in relation to the complaint on behalf of Gerard Maye Legal Ltd. This response will be given in 21 days.
If a complaint is made in relation to Gerard Maye, then this firm will appoint another individual to investigate the complaint.
If the client remains dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint then they may wish to contact the Legal Ombudsman.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that the client has tried to resolve their complaint with this firm first. If the client has, then they must take their complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to their complaint
- No more than six years from the date of the act/omission; or
No more than three years from when they should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint
The client will not be charged any fees for our time spent in dealing with their complaint.